Importance of Telehealth in situations of Long COVID
What is telehealth?
Telehealth or teleconsultations or e-consultations is getting access to the physiotherapists and mental health professionals through electronic communications to share medical information to improve an individual's health.
Why use telehealth during long COVID?
Benefits of Telehealth
- ● Consultation and professional care can be accessed from anywhere
- ● Convenience and flexibility with the time suitable to both the patient's and the professional's needs
- ● It enables individuals to become more independent especially after having to be dependent during the hospitalization due to COVID-19
- ● Eliminate cross-infection risks
- ● Minimized hospital visits and prolonged waiting in the hospitals and clinics
- ● Helps manage long-term conditions
- ● Easy access to physiotherapy and mental health professionals
- ● Not having to travel if unwell or have movement restrictions
Accessing rehab with telehealth flow chart
If you want to know more about your functional capacity or plan a session with our therapist, reach out to us on +918197378444 or [email protected]
- 1. 'Long COVID-19' a reality; 75 per cent patients suffer from symptoms of coronavirus even months after recovery - https://www.timesnownews.com/health/article/long-covid-19-a-reality-75-per-cent-patients-suffer-from-symptoms-of-coronavirus-even-months-after-recovery/641047
- 2. Accessing rehabilitation with telehealth - https://world.physio/wptday